Aug 2017 Essential Ladder Safety Tips
We may need to use ladders when painting your property. We take ladder safety seriously. It is important to ensure that working with the ladder is safe and all safety instructions are strictly followed throughout the painting project. Here are a few tips.
- Carefully inspect the ladder before using it. The rungs must be intact and free from dirt or paint which could interfere with your footing.
- Wrap cloth around the tops of the ladder to improve its grip, thereby preventing slipping.
- Wear non-slip footwear when working with a ladder.
- Wait for a better weather if it is wet or windy.
- The ladder must reach at least three feet above the highest level where you plan to reach.
- The base should be level and the ladder must sit firmly on the ground.
- Always face the ladder as you climb and descend.